Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

We signed a 6 mo. In a rent controlled building in North

Customer Question

We signed a 6 mo. In a rent controlled building in North Hollywood. Lease On 6/2/15 Which has been violated from day one. The manager lied about the condition of the building. The manager verbal assults my wife when complaints are made and will no longer communicate with us. Manager signed lease but wouldn't give name of oowner or mgmnt co. When we found mgmt co., they agreed the lease is broken and asked US to move In 60 days. Plus $300.00 moving costs. My husband is disabiled and I am 62. We took 6 weeks to move in. Today, without notification, we have NO or intercom., so no mail. We want to sue for damages.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us regarding this matter that we can provide you information on?