Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

In Pa, my husband has a. Month to month lease through an

Customer Question

In Pa, my husband has a . Month to month lease through an insurance company.yesterday I had an altercation with some parents in the common room. They lied and said I was. Yelling as nd cursing at their kids and I am banned from all common areas. They never
Asked me for my sidebofbthe story which wasbi simply turned the tv up because they were loud. Since I have a criminal background could they kick me out of the apartment.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for you question.

Is there a written lease? Or is it an oral lease? Is your name on the lease?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Written and no I am not on the lease, but the last answer I got said they could not ban me even if wasnt
on the lease.

Does the lease address any types of behavior such as the one you were accessed of? Month to month leases are very easy to terminate for no reason whatsoever so the landlord could simply terminate the lease if he/she wanted. In PA there is no statutory language for the amount of time to end the lease but 30 days notice is typical. There could also be a defined notice requirement contained in the lease, if there is, that will control. Most likely the landlord will not be able to kick you out unless they evict your husband as well or simply just not renew the lease. It will depend on the language of the lease and it terms as to what your rights can be. You best bet would be to speak with the landlord and give your side of the story and make yourself scarce in the common areas if you make an agreement with the landlord. You can be banned from the common areas if your name is ***** ***** the lease.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Any chance for a positive rating?