How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 116727
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam a renter with a landlord who doesn't do anything but

Customer Question

Iam a renter with a landlord who doesn't do anything but collect my q is my sewer pipe is broke I've got water in kitchen n in bathroom can't flush toilet it been a week I've been touch with twp now I still have to wait before they issue citation I w ant to put rent in a escrow until it gets fix.?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have a right to send the landlord a letter telling them they are in breach of contract and that if they fail to make repair properly you will withhold rent and sue for breach of the lease or you will pay for repairs and deduct the costs from rent. Those are your legal rights as a tenant. You need to give the landlord written notice though before you just do it.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions