CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

I received an Unlawful Detainer Summons/Complaint. At issue

Customer Question

I received an Unlawful Detainer Summons/Complaint. At issue is July rent only. I issued a replacemernt check for the July rent which my landlord confirmed she received 7/24, then on 7/25, a Notice to Pay Rent or Quit was taped to my door. On my Answer
to the Unlawful Detainer Summons, for the Affirmative Defense, I indicated that the rent check was received 7/24, which I have a text from the landlord acknowledging receipt of the rent check on 7/24 and the Notice was dated and posted on my door 7/25. I did
notice the Proof of Service which was filed in the UD Summons, it stated that it was posted 7/30, is not what I have. I live in California.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Dear Customer,

You have posted this issue 4 different times here on the forum (I have helped you, and a couple of other experts have as well).

We are always happy to answer new questions, but you have not asked a question in the post above, you have simply retyped the same question you have asked, and we have answered previously.

Have you filed your answer with the court?

If not, you need to do this. If you don't the landlord will win their case "by default" and you will lose simply because you didn't show up.

The Court's website (the resource I provided you (and I believe at least one of the other experts did as well) is here: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1289.htm, it will walk you through the process, and has the necessary forms. You can assert your defenses (which all of us have discussed with you).