How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be 67 this month I have COPD Diabetes and back

Customer Question

I will be 67 this month I have COPD Diabetes and back problems. On July 17 my apartment started flooding on july 18th the supervisor in charge stated that it is against company policy to pay weekend rates and I will have to wait until Monday for a plumbr to arrive. I stayed up for 80 hours with no sleep to avoid destruction of all my personal possessions. Do I have any legal recourse for physical exhaustion and mental exhaustion
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter.

To keep the claim in small claims court, where you will be able to represent yourself relatively easily, I suggest that you can sue for up to $5000 - that is the cap. If your damage to your possessions equals lets say $2500 then you can request $2500 in pain and suffering for the inconvenience.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions