Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

My husband and I are in joint tenancy with my former

Customer Question

My husband and I are in joint tenancy with my former step-father who has allowed two transients to move into our barn. He also gave them our personal property and they told me they either threw it away or sold it and that I could do nothing about it. I
called the police who stated that they had a right to do with my personal property whatever they wanted, as my step father gave permission. We store things in the barn. We have properties we remodel and had lots of materials in the barn, many expensive items.
We are locked out of the barn now and the police said that is too bad. Can we do anything about this matter or not? Thanks, Amber
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

How long have these transients been in your barn? Are they living there? Have you spoken to the srep father about it? Do you all have equal ownership in the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About two weeks, but I turned them into the city, who made them move out, although they are still on the property and they also hooked up to our sewer line, which is illegal here and we plan to disconnect it this week. Those transients do still live on the property. There are 22acres there. We do have equal ownership to ten of the acres, which includes the barn.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left out the part where we do not speak to my former step father, who sued us to regain the property after we had it for a while. We have been in litigation with him for 10 years now. We won a house we had owned for 8 years, but this land with the barn we were forced to allow him to have joint tenancy with us on it, which it was not that way originally. We also had to pay all his legal bills, as his attorney hates Jews, which we are and so did the judge. It was against the law, although in Oklahoma if the judge does not want to obey the law he is not forced to do so and this one stated at the outset that he would not honor the law with our case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Oklahoma the biggest liar wins. No one cares about the lies, but we cannot lie as we believe in G-d and we cannot swear to a lie in HIS name. We watched as he lied to the police officers as he did in the court case, but that is okay, we win in the end. We have read the entire bible, even the Christian part and studied it thoroughly so we know what will occur later on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is also a pond on our property, which my step father has now sabotaged by having the transients cut down branches of trees and throw the branches into our pond. The water is black and very contaminated and we have nothing we can do. We contacted the code enforcement people and the main man there refuses to speak to us, because he was subpoenaed to testify on our case with the step father as he had information, but as a result he won't talk to us and it feels like we are paranoid and that has never been the case with me, a person with very high self esteem and confidence. I have authored four books, been president of four corporations and I am a very happy person, but I had never been subjected to anti Semitism until this case came up and the lawyer for my step father continuously made Jewish jokes and jabbed at us all through the trial. He interrogated me for almost a full day because of a stolen letter of my brother's (by my step father) had the closing of "NEXT YEAR IN JERUSALEM" a letter which I wrote to my brother and my step father stole it out of his mail box and it was used against me in court.. They lived next door to each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be happy to pay you for your time and service if only you can help us to resolve this matter. We had a probate case south of where we live in another county and we were forced to fire our attorney as he was doing all the work for the other side. It was quite funny, when we took it on and worked it pro se and filed for a summary judgment and we got it. We had been lied to by the attorney all along and that was a very special happy day for us. Our attorney wanted a man we had never met to get all the property and money and just everything. He ended up getting nothing and we got it all. It does pay to represent oneself in a matter where the attorney is purely crooked, besides that GOD blesses HIS chosen people and we know that. I shall speak with HIM now and thank HIM once again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received a response other than for the two or three questions you asked. Did you answer and I missed it somehow? Please let me know if you gave me legal advice, I truly need to know soon as I am going on a very long trip and will be gone, but need answers prior to leaving for a while. Thank you, Amber
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.
I apologize, I sent you an answer from my phone and I guess it did not go through. All parties to a joint tenancy have access to the whole property. If these people do have access to your personal property and have stolen/taken it. THIS IS NOT OK. Also damage to the property is not OK as well. You should be able to call the police and have them removed from the property. It does not matter if they are there with the permission of your step father, they cannot commit crimes against you. Be careful as a "guest" that is on a property more than 30 days can sometimes be considered a "tenant" and be afforded the rights of a tenant and have to be evicted from a property. They should not be able to lock you out of the barn. Even a tenant does not have that right but if the step father has a key that might satisfy their rights under the law.
Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)
Do you need help with the rating system? We answer these questions with the expectation that our work will be compensated by the site. Without your positive rating that won't happen, so if you could take the extra step and help me out, I would appreciate it. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer if satisfied.