Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I just moved and the landlord withheld $ 800 of my $ 1995

Customer Question

I just moved and the landlord withheld $ 800 of my $ 1995 deposit stating the residence was not left clean and some repair. I have pictures of the residence when I left it plus a detailed copy of the bill from the professional cleaners that I hired to clean before I left. I also have a witness that came and looked at the place the night before I moved( he is a homeowner in the same townhouses). How do I go about disputing this claim ? Please note I requested that I be present during the final inspection but the landlord refused any of the times that I offered and the inspection was done without me present. He has since placed the residence up for sale. I had been there for 4 years and 10 months.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, how soon after you moved out did you receive this breakdown of fees and expenses?