How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can be done to get more time once served a 3 day pay or

Customer Question

What can be done to get more time once served a 3 day pay or quit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

You can ask the landlord for more time, but make sure to get any extension in writing. Failure to vacate within the 3 days (or any written extension) will result in the landlord filing an unlawful detainer (eviction) action against you in civil court. Once that happens it becomes much harder to lease another unit as you will have an adverse action recorded with the courts and future landlords can find this information doing a simple search of court records.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions