Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

A person living in my travel trailer and late on monthly

Customer Question

a person living in my travel trailer and late on monthly rental but not paying aaything for using my trailer. consistently late with the space rental. was told at the start that using my trailer was temporary and must find another place to live but has not made any effort to do so. I want possession of my trailer back.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to give him a written notice now to be out in 30 days and tell them if they do not leave in 30 days, you will pursue a suit for eviction against them.
If they do not leave in 30 days, then you would need to file suit in the local court for unlawful detainer (eviction) and serve them the suit and the court will order them out or will send the sheriff in to forcibly remove them from the trailer.
However, you cannot start the process until you give them a written notice to leave in 30 days.