How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My roommate up and moved out leaving me with a rent bill. He

Customer Question

My roommate up and moved out leaving me with a rent bill. He moved to another state, but at this point owes me 5000 is past due rent. I have contacted him many times with nothing, but nasty words from his end. I would like to sue him for the amount of rent for the year. I believe the amount will be more than small claims court. The year total will be 12000 dollars. I would love some help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
What is your legal question for me about this situation?