KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of real estate experience including foreclosures, landlord tenant matters, residential sales and condo/coop matters.
8989662

I am rent an apt in antioch ca on July 15 2015 I can home

Customer Question

I am rent an apt in antioch ca on July 15 2015 I can home from work and my bathroom toilet and bathtub was overflow from the sewer underneath the buliding. I have contact the landlord and wrote a letter about the damage that had happen and the back up.water from the sewer went into my bedroom which soared my carpet in the bedroom and bedroom closet. I have not paid my rent since July. I told and asked to have it fix. My house has a oder from the back up sewer, which smell like fetus, urine and sewer watet. What should we do.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am happy to help you out with your question.
Sorry to hear about your situation. You have done the right thing so far by contacting your landlord and asking for everything to be fixed and taken care of.
Now it is time to go to court, because this is really unacceptable behavior by your landlord.
You can file an easy complaint without a lawyer at the Contra Costa County Superior Court in Pittsburg. The court house is located at*****in Pittsburg. The telephone number to the court house is (###) ###-####
Their website is www.cc-courts.org. Here's some more info on their website about how to file a small claims case. http://www.cc-courts.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.ViewPage&pageId=6784
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Take care,
Kim
I see that you received my answer and wanted to let you know that I am online now. If you have any follow up questions please let me know.
If not please close out the question, so that I get credit for my work with you yesterday.
Take care,
Kim
Just checking in with you again to see if you have any follow up questions. If not, please close out the question with positive feedback so that I get paid for my time working with you.
Take care,
Kim
Thanks for using Just Answer.
If you don't close our your question then the system will keep your money and I will not get paid for my time working with you.
Thanks so much and take care,
Kim