How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 30149
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Asked a boyfriend to move out sid he wont unless gets

Customer Question

asked a boyfriend to move out sid he wont unless gets eviction notice. has lived there little over 1 year. is it ok for me to send him and evictin notice to move in 30 days in Indiana
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Is your boyfriend on the lease?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I go about getting someone to leave my home. He has lived here about a year and a half. He's not on any lease just moved in
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
If there's no written lease, yes, you can serve him with a 30 day notice to vacate at any time. Indiana Code, Section 32-31-1-4. At the end of the 30 days, if he's still there, then you're allowed to go to court and file a lawsuit to have him evicted. There's no defense to overstaying a 30 day notice, so the judge will order him to leave.
It can help to have a third party hand him the notice, so you have a witness who can testify for you if he claims later not to have received it.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.