barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I live in San Antonio and I had a year apartment lease with

Customer Question

I live in San Antonio and I had a year apartment lease with a 60 day written move out notice. I gave 30 day notice but the lease also has a provision than the apartment will give written reminder. But I didn't receive any reminder so do I have to prove it. And if so how would I prove it or does the apartment complex have to prove it.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..If there is a provision in the lease that states that they have to give a 60 day notice reminder and they failed to do so, then that would be a breach of contract on their part. So that would then relieve you from your obligation to provide a 60 day notice. When one party breaches, that relieves the other party from any further obligation under the contract..So yes, they would have to prove that they send a reminder notice to you as required under the lease if they wanted to try and hold you liable for any further rent after the lease expired...thanksBarrister