How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

O I am the girl friend of a tenant. That has a legal landlord

Customer Question

o I am the girl friend of a tenant. That has a legal landlord tenant month to month agreement. I have been there since day 1 of his tenantship. Its been roughly2 months (few days short) since start date. Great nephew of lessor (whom also lives on property different shop) calls his sister who is not on lease agreement or a trustee to signing lessor. Comes and tells me verbally I am to get off property or she's calling cops. No reasoning. She was very unprofessional called me names. Said i was 86. I had to get motel with money I didn't have. What are my rights. Does it have to be written notice
Where do you need legal help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. First try to ascertain if there is language in your boyfriend's lease that limits overnight guests. Some landlords limit guests’ visits—for example, no more than ten days in any six-month period, with written approval required for longer stays—to avoid having a guest turn into an unauthorized new tenant. A few overly concerned landlords go overboard by keeping tabs on legitimate guests who stay overnight or for a few days. Ultimately, this is not your problem as it would be your boyfriend is subject to a lease. As long as you are not causing problems and have been invited to stay by your boyfriend, the landlord or anyone else cannot force you to leave the property. Your boyfriend has the right to have house guests over and you are not subject to the lease. If you are in the common areas, alone, the landlord should be ask you to leave but not in the actual residence of your boyfriend. Of course, if there is language in the lease restricting house guests, your boyfriend could be evicted if you continue to stay there. Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer (There should be smiley faces or a 1-5 ranking on my answer. I would appreciate a good or excellent rating) as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
I see you have reviewed my answer, please let me know if you have any further questions and of not please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will compensated.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Any chance for a positive rating? Let me know what more you need to be satisfied with my service.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions