How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue a tenant living above me in an apartment complex

Customer Question

can I sue a tenant living above me in an apartment complex for noise caused by children running in the apartment, negligence to call maintenance on serious leaks such as bursting hot water heaters causing damage to my apartment, ringing my doorbell at night asking foil wrap or to borrow money.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. First, let me say that I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I too deal with a heart condition (cardiomyopathy). In order to assist you, I In order to assist you, I do need more information, however.At what times are the children running? With respect to the leaks, were the leaks caused by the tenant or were they caused by a faulty or old hot water heater? Has the damage to your apartment been repaired? If yes, was it repaired by you or by the apartment complex?