Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I live in a mobile home park and I'm relocating to Florida.

Customer Question
I wanted to transfer ownership...
I live in a mobile home park and I'm relocating to Florida. I wanted to transfer ownership to 3 different possible families. The owner of the park refuses everyone so far. I don't want to pay lot rent while trying to relocate at the same time. I also owe him the rest of the mortgage, which I was willing to pay until he became hard to work with. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
7/22/2015
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Welcome and thank you for your question. Other than saying "they are bad" what is the rationale he is using? Do you know what he means by bad? Do you have a copy of your lease with the Park and the Rules and Regulations that you can attach?
He means that don't pass his credit check. I don't have a lease. I am month to month. I cant attach the rules.
What I really want to know is, if I can walk away like a lot of people are advising?
If they are really not credit worthy he would have the ability to deny them. If there is no evidence that this in fact the case he cannot deny them without a valid reason. Do the rules state anything with regard totransferring ownership? You can walk away however, you would face credit implications. I would like to see you be able to transfer the mobile home, have no credit implications and be done with this park owner.
How hard is it for him to sue me in Florida from NY
It is not that difficult. He can also file a report with the credit bureaus. I would prefer there would be no credit reporting or suing. Did the people that wanted to purchase have bad credit?
I don't know for sure. It is just his say so.
The best way would be to find that he is blocking a reasonable transfer. Do you know if he pulled credit reports?
He says that's what he does. He makes the rules that change for him but no one else.
Lets see the rules and if he is not following the law you can report him to the State.
He uses intimidation, so your just so glad to get away from him that you'll do anything to accomplish it.
If the people had bad credit he is within his right if he is blocking a transfer with no valid reason just to be a bully you need to report him. What do the rules say on transfers? I understand your frustration and you can report him.
This is a link to file a complaint against the park owner with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/lsc/documents/complaint.pdf This is a link for the laws that govern Mobile Home Parks in Florida http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0723/0723.html http://myfloridalicense.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/441/~/how-do-i-file-a-complaint-against-the-mobile-home-park-owner%3F If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA!
Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney