How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 34003
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been renting a condo years. The owner has passed

Customer Question

I have been renting a condo for 5 years. The owner has passed away and the children want to continue to rent it but want to double the rent. They said I will have first option at the higher rent. What recourse do I have? I have improved the property with wood floors. The unit is in zip 94108 and I currently pay $1400
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Which state? Do you have a written lease agreement?