Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

In state of Mississippi how long does landlord have to repair

Customer Question

In state of Mississippi how long does landlord have to repair broken A/C in a mobile home? air went out yesterday while my son in law was in hospital and my daughter and 3 young grandchildren have been in hot trailor with a fan. Son in law home from hospital this am and getting worse in the heat. Landlord was notified yesterday that a/c out. He Won't send repairman over emergency. The rent was due yesterday and they want a/c on first so they don't die. They only have money for rent or motel not both. They need to get out of that oven. Please help with any answers to their legal rights under
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Is there a written lease? If yes, does the lease address maintenance of the air conditioner?
Thank you.