How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 57381
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My roommate won't leave. She is on the lease as someone who

Customer Question

My roommate won't leave. She is on the lease as someone who lives there but not the responsible party. She has paid no rent. We have lived there one month. I am forbidden by the military from having any contact with her so I am in a hotel.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
are you asking if you can evict or if landlord has to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes or can I call the police for trespassing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already had to call the police on her for screaming late at night.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Eviction landlord would need to do.
You should speak to landlord.
The police can get involved to the extent in possession in violation of lease, or if causing a nuisance or danger to you or others.