How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It been over three months since I moved out of my old apartment.

Customer Question

It been over three months since I moved out of my old apartment. My Landlord promised to give mail me my security deposit. I haven't received it yet. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Your landlord is 2 months overdue on returning your deposit.The California Courts have a very helpful site to help tenants dispute security deposit claims with their landlords (here: the California Attorney General has a good article on the rules that your landlord was supposed to follow as well as some tips to help you resolve this dispute: