Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Please help me solve, these unbearable situation...... I need

Customer Question
more time to find a...
Please help me solve, these unbearable situation...... I need more time to find a home. My health has become worse.
I truly need to move of the mountain. Big Bear lake is were I am now.... Please Please Help...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/10/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
1) What state is this in now?
2) What exactly has happened? Are you being evicted? Have you been evicted? Has there been a hearing? Please be specific.
3) What is the reason for the eviction?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
It is in a state of, what is the landlord going to do nexted. Lance is his name. He 4
Sorry, your reply came out a bit garbled.
I got:
"It is in a state of, what is the landlord going to do nexted. Lance is his name. He 4"
I still need the same information:
1) What state is this in now?
3) What is the reason for the eviction?
I thank you for saying you are sorry.
Mr. Ely, I am so sick of having the choice, to6&have to live like this.
I have been very sick. I do not even go outside. How can anyone do this to someone, Me? I can not take this. Please someone has to stop this til I am able to move. Off this moutain. I have been waiting for housing. I need to move off this mountain.... Ely lance the owner needs to pay for my move for all the things he has done. Please help me!!!!!!
I need you to tell me more about the situation or I cannot provide any information.
1) What state is this in now? (I am guessing CA but I want to be sure.)
3) And if you are NOT being evicted, what exactly is happening?
No eviction. I only have lived here in Big Bear lake in this house for 2 in a half years. My name had been put on a least in July 2013, by the owners. Larry the roommate also who had Lived here Two weeks before myself. Please. This has even worsed my heart. The three of them put My Name On The Least Without my permission.... With out me living here. Ely it was the streets or this house.
Ely we only recieved a rude letter to get out by the 8th of this month July 2015.... , i am in shock still. Ely even my roommate is abusive. I just want to go home. Moreno Valley Ca. I have even been kept from my grand kids and kids. Tears.... Please love help...
Thank you. I need just a bit more information, please.
1) Did you ever SIGN any lease?
2) Do you pay for staying there? Or, did someone pay for you?
Ely I was homeless staying in a hotel. Cane to Big Bear With Larry Jensen. He gave me a choise to luve on the streets or stay with him un this house. No I Nevet Signed A lease. I never new a darn thing about this house. Their names Lance And Rita, owners. Larry all decided. To sign my name on a lease.
Mr. Ely i have paided more then I want to say
Thank you.
I am sorry for asking all this information, but it was needed to understand your situation.
It SOUNDS like the owner simply let you live there without paying, OR, you are living there by invitation of someone who is a tenant, but that tenant did not have the right to ask you to also live with them.
IF YOU WERE LIVING THERE AT OWNER'S INVITATION
If so, someone in your situation is known as "tenant at sufferance." If so, then the landlord can ask you to LEAVE by giving you a notice. If you have lived there a year or longer, the notice has to be for 60 days. Otherwise, it can be shorter. And I am afraid that there is nothing one can do to stay longer, because the landlord can EVICT any tenant at sufferance after proper notice.
IF YOU WERE LIVING THERE AT TENANT'S INVITATION
If so, then someone in your situation is an "unauthorized occupant." As such, the tenant or the landlord can ask you to leave.
I am afraid that there is little one can do to prolong the stay, aside from stretching out the eviction process - see here.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Yes lance is and so am i in Big Bear Lake Ca.*****
Big Bear Lake Ca. 92315The owners are right next door to larry, myself Sandie.
Owners Lance and Rita. Lance E. Eldred, Rita J. Stec.... Larry R. Jensen
Time out excuse me? Living by invitation?
Yes. It sounds like someone invited you to live with them. Is this not what happened?
OR, are you PAYING someone to live there, meaning you are a proper TENANT, and if so, WHEN does the written lease run out or is it a VERBAL lease?
It is called begin KEPT!!!!!! I have no clue if you have been on the streets or not. I will tell you something it is not some where you want to be. It is called ALL LIES......
There is no need to be angry. I am trying to help you. I understand your frustration. I am on your side.
Do you still want me to tell you how to extend your stay at the property, or not?
Ok Mr. Ely what are you talking about? I do not live with the owners, Lance And Rita.
I live in a House nexted Door to Lance And Rita.
Larry had gotten this house 8 days before i even knew about it.
The lease was filled out on the first day... Which was 8 days before i even new About it.... Between the 3 of them, That Is When They Did The Lease With Me On It!!!!! Do You Understand? I staied. Do to the fact i didn't. WWANT TO BE HOMELESS. I WAS ON THE LEASE ALREADY SIR...
Stateing to pay 750 a month. Ok
Tell me something please does that give anyone anyone or the owner the right to bang down my front door, yes i have people who seen it. Does it give him the right to double his damn fist and yell in my face.? Two weeks before he broke my finger trying to get in then
Okay. So someone filled your name into a lease for a property. I understand.
Now you are being evicted, correct? Based on this lease.
What is the formal reason for the notice to leave - nonpayment? End of lease? Or, something else?
THERE WAS NEVER NEVER A INVITATION......
Ely really come dude. There isnt any eviction......
Only a letter saying they are not renrwing they lease be out by July 8 2015. Nothing else. Just a hand typed note! Yes all three of them Illegally. Put me on a least!!!!!! There has not yet been any correct paper work or filled by Any Court To have to vacant. The house. I want to know how much abuse are landlord aloud to abuse there tenets?
Ok i read how you want credit...... Unbelievable. You are here to help me????? Ok really.
Yes i want you to help me stay till i find a place. Oh believe me i do not want to stay any longer then I have to. Like i said i am disabled , mentally. Physicality. I want to be compensated for this pleadr.
I am using the term "eviction" to mean in general BOTH (a) the landlord sending a notice to quit, AND, (b) the actual eviction process.
What you have received is is a NOTICE TO QUIT, which is saying: "You are a tenant, but I, the landlord, am asking you to leave and if you do not, I will file an eviction."
If there is a lease with your name on it, then perhaps you did not pay rent? Or otherwise breach the lease. If you never signed that lease, then you are a "tenant at sufferance," and the landlord still has the right to ask you to leave, regardless.
The best way to PROLONG this is to fight the eviction. First, to write back a response to the notice, and then file a REPLY to any eviction. Then, to appeal any eviction judgment. This can prolong the eviction PROCESS by about a month, giving you time to find other accommodations.
I wish I had better news here.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Would u like a picture sent to you love?
At this time, I am going to opt out.
Good luck in your situation and I hope you find the relief and help you seek.
What are you talking about? If there is a lease with my name on i? Then i must not be paying? Where the hell are you coming from Sir. How dare you think you know what u are talking about. U havent heard a damn thing. You have not even touch the break in from the owner and threated me! Opt out? Really no you need to give me someone who knows what they are doing.... You will not charge me either. You already made your decided who side u are on... Sir Ely you must know Lance????? You ate a sick person. Please you need to give me to someone who knows what they are doing
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a different contributor, as your previous contributor had to leave.
I have read through the above and from what you wrote and it is very confusing. I understand you are upset and I know you are very familiar with your situation, but you need to be able to clearly tell us your situation.
So you had a lease, when does it expire?
Your rent was paid up to date?
You never received a written notice to evict?
You have never been sued for eviction?
Are you still in the property?
Wowow.... What part dont you understand? I am not worried about moving the hell aeay. I need time to do it. I do not want to stay in this house....... You need to be fired.... Nothing on the break in and pyhical. Abuse on me right. You better not charge me ass hole....... You juat said to me in around about way - oh well deal with it Sandie- shame
I know you guys are not that educated. Your answet to # ***** just expired July 8, 2015.
#2- Yes#3- No#4- No#5-YesMy question to u Sir, What about The abuse???????
Sir maybe answer this where do i start to sue the owners????? For all the abuse?
Alright this has been a huge waste of my time. Do Not Even Charge Me For4 anyThing.... If you have i would greatly appreciate u credit it back now. Or i will call my bank myself. Have fun
Thank you for your replies.
I completely understand your situation and you need to go to a local attorney's office for assistance. Best of luck to you.
Please request your refund by contacting customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help and they will be more than happy to give you your deposit back.
I am sorry that this service is not just for everyone. We wish you the best in your situation.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney