How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In rental properties who is responsible the ducted

Customer Question

in rental properties who is responsible for cleaning the ducted heating unit
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
What state are you located in?
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.
The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 requires a landlord to ensure that rented premises are maintained in good repair. Good repair includes all gas appliances provided by the landlord. These must be safe to use and properly maintained.
This includes ensuring that:
(1) Only a licensed gasfitter performs gasfitting work
(2) All appliances are safe for use before re-letting a property
(3) All appliances, pipework and flue systems are installed and maintained correctly
(4) Pipes are correctly sealed if appliances are removed
(5) All safety checks and details of work done on gas installations are recorded.
Failure to meet legislated responsibilities can cause death, serious injury and/or considerable property damage. Tenants also have responsibilities, including reporting appliance faults to the landlord or the landlord's agent. The landlord or the agent and the tenant should work together to ensure that a safety check is done at agreed intervals - at least every two years.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions? If not please positively rate my answer so I can be compensated for my time.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Any chance for a positive rating?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions