How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a VA residenter. A person who is side show machenic, work

Customer Question

I'm a VA residenter. A person who is side show machenic, work he does on the side. Well, he wrote me a contract to rebuild a transmission, which in 14 days of the month of March, 2015. He was paid $1100 dollars in cash up front in March, which left a balance of $300 dollars. We were texting back and forth for a little while, then no communication at all. What % the van to be done. No answer for a good long time. I was told he says I have my own location now to do work on vehicles, then all of a sudden, it's been hot, it's been raining. What my problem comes in at is that this is the month of July and still no van in front of my door. The last text I got from him is that he was going to test the batter and everything and get back to me, and I think that text was June 26, 27. And I texted from June 28th up to now, July 3rd. I'm a sick woman , with lung problems, and COPD, and can't be running up and down and around cornets trying to find him. I just don't know what to do from here with this problem. I have all our texts still, so I can't be lying about anything. I guess what I'm asking is that can I take him to court about this, Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, you have a right to sue the person in small claims court for breach of contract (see: of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.