Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My landlord asked me to leave my apartment that i have

Customer Question
hello, my landlord asked me...
hello, my landlord asked me to leave my apartment that i have ben living in for over a year. recently i feel asleep with top ramen on and the house became smokey. my windows were open so the neighbors noticed and decided to call the fire department. the fire department cut my room blinds and also put a hole in my wall and broke my front door. the landlord stated that i am responsible for the damages , which i have no problem with. after she had the maintenece guy come out she sent me a letter stating i have 60 days to leave the premises, pay my rent, and damages. what are my rights as a tenant considering there was no smoke damage or fire damage to the apartment? and what could i do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
7/2/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have a written lease? Or are you a month to month tenant?