Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Exactly when should a lease agreement change, I started living at current address 1 year 1…

Customer Question
exactly when should a lease...
exactly when should a lease agreement change, I started living at current address 1 year 1 month...I was expecting to hear from my land lord a month ago, I didn't. So I'm thinking month to month is where I stand now. now he's talking increase...my concerns are previous tenants punch a large hole thru the back of the gargage with their car...I was told that his insurance would be taking care of it but never came about. what did occur was he place a screen door over the hole...I was using it storage... throughout the winter months raccoons trashed some of my belonging...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 3 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this. Can you please tell me:
1) What state this is in, and
2) Does your lease have any auto-renewal clause?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.