Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

I own a house in Oregon that is under a lease with a

Customer Question

Hi:
I own a house in Oregon that is under a lease with a current tenant. There is a property management company managing.
I've received an offer from a buyer to purchase the house without listing it. The tenant has 6 mos remaining on his lease. (He recently violated the lease by having 3 dogs in the house that created a noise nuisance for neighbors, the lease states 1 dog only) He is also not taking care of the yard.
Am I able to sell the property now to a buyer who does not want the property as a rental. They would like to move in.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.You can convey the property during the lease term, but the title will be subject to the lease. Otherwise, you would need to evict the tenant by suing them for breach of the lease.If the lease requires you give an opportunity to the tenant to cure the breach then you could not evict them if they did, in fact, cure the breach on your demand.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
You may also want to confirm the management agreement does not require you to pay a commission whether it is listed or not.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Did you have further questions?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Have I answered your question?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Are you still online with me?