Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I recently got into an argument with my apartment complex new…

Customer Question
I recently got into an...
I recently got into an argument with my apartment complex new manager because she authorized a towing company to remove my vehicle from my assigned parking due to expired registration sticker. My vehicle is registered and current with the dmv, however it needs to a smog to get the new 2015 sticker. Towing company gave me a 72 hour notice for expired tags, the apt manager told me that we signed an agreement with the towing company regarding expired stickers. I asked to get a copy of those documents so I can verify my signature and if such a rule truly exist, that was 6 days ago, I have not received any documents from her.
I did receive however from mail a written notice for rent increase today. The notice is a 60 days notice for rent increase of 14.89%. We had received increase on rent befor but they were less than 10% increase. I feel as though this manager is trying to make us leave by sending this $175 increase to our monthly rent.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/28/2015
Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
If I may ask, in what state do you reside? Also, are you month to month or are you under contract? Also, what specifically is your question--how exactly can I assist you this evening? Please advise!