How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am disabled I was served a 90 day notice to move. I asked

Customer Question

I am disabled I was served a 90 day notice to move. I asked why was I being evicted. I was told that I wasn't being evicted. The landlord just didn't want to renew the lease. I have always paid my rent on time and I had resided at the residence for 5 years. I asked if I would be able to rent another place and I was told yes. But I received a call back from their property management office informing me that they would not be able to rent any of their other units to me. This has created a financial hardship as well a lot of stress on me. This property management company has over 90% of the housing market. There are units available for rent, but they will not rent to me. I feel that I now need a lawyer because some other things have happened. My neighbor was contacted by this property management and asked if she ever had any problems with me. If someone from your office can help me, my phone #(209)(###) ###-#### ***** you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, we are not a law office, this is a "general Q&A" forum where we can answer general legal questions.I can however provide you with resources to contact local attorneys (for section 8 housing type issues, start with contacting your local bar association though): You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).Regarding the security deposit issue, you have a right to sue the landlord in small claims court for the return of your deposit. The California Courts have a very helpful site to assist you (including all of the forms that you will need, you have already found the Attorney General's site - the Consumer Protection page - which is another excellent resource): in touch with your County housing authority worker, they can help you as you continue to look for alternative Section 8 housing, but they are correct, you have not been "evicted" and this distinction is important when you are looking for a new residence, you can truthfully say that your tenancy was only terminated due to the landlord not renewing the lease. (This is a "no fault" termination).