Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My landlord changed the locks on my business without filing…

Customer Question
My landlord changed the locks...
My landlord changed the locks on my business without filing an eviction. What are my rights?I live in Georgia and he lives in Texas
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
He had his real estate broker change them. The broker lives here.
6/25/2015
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 3 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.
Under the laws of the state of GA, a commercial lease may provide for the eviction of a tenant without the necessity of filing an eviction proceeding. However, if such a provision is not included in a written lease, signed by you and the landlord, then your landlord must use the file suit to evict you from the premises.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug