LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled Real Estate and Landlord Tenant matters for more than two decades.
15277592

My landlord changed the locks on my business without filing

Customer Question

My landlord changed the locks on my business without filing an eviction. What are my rights?I live in Georgia and he lives in Texas
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He had his real estate broker change them. The broker lives here.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.
Under the laws of the state of GA, a commercial lease may provide for the eviction of a tenant without the necessity of filing an eviction proceeding. However, if such a provision is not included in a written lease, signed by you and the landlord, then your landlord must use the file suit to evict you from the premises.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug