How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 years left on a lease contract on a commercial

Customer Question

Hi, I have 2 years left on a lease contract on a commercial building and business has gone bad at the same time my wife has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and I cant pay rent anymore. How can I legally get out of the lease contract?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Did you agree to accept personal liability for the lease?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was under an LLC but lessor insisted on putting down the partners names, does that mean we are liable personally?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
From what you've described, I can't draw a definite conclusion. I would have to review the lease agreement. If you want me to do that, we will have to take this "offline," because that's a legal service, that I cannot engage in on this website. I will send you an additional services request, which you can accept or decline at your convenience. Choice is yours. No worries, either way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response but it looks like we need to see a lawyer personally. Thank you, ***** ***** worth trying but I don't want to go on so does this mean I cancel and you keep the $5.00 only?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
I "justanswer" the questions. I do not have any information about the website's payment programs. Please contact customer service. If you change your mind, I'll be here (virtually speaking). Thanks for using

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions