Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions. Experienced Landlord-Tenant attorney.
18572087

Sp the landlord son's rental unit is asking him to

Customer Question

Sp the landlord for my son's rental unit is asking him to vacate his rental room next weekend for a party the landlord is planning. What should my son do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
He does not have to leave--he can simply remain on premises. That is his space, and regardless of what the lease agreement states, that lease condition is unenforceable. And if he threatens to evict, have your son tell him that he is then free to file in landlord-tenant for 'retaliation' and seek punitive damages.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.
PS. You can use the 'reply' function rather than open a new question, as that can create potentially new charges.