How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 117360
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a handicapped senior with very little money. I live in

Customer Question

I am a handicapped senior with very little money. I live in an assisted living center with the help of government. The company wants to rent my room to a more wealthy person. The company have outrageous lies and fabrications about me. My only real fault is that I tried to bring to the attention of mgmt. unethical problems that also may have been illegal to their attention. I have two questions: 1. how do I stop this eviction, and 2. would I have standing if I tried to sue them for prosecutorial eviction?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they are trying to evict you in retaliation for you filing complaints about their conduct. Your first step if you believe they are acting illegally is to file a report with the UT Bureau of Health Facility Licensing (
Second, if the eviction is retaliatory for you making complaints, you have a right to sue them in court for the retaliatory eviction since they are not allowed to evict someone for making complaints they have a legal right to make.
If you sue for retaliatory eviction, as part of that suit you would seek an injunction to prevent them from trying to evict you until your suit is completed.
I would suggest if you cannot afford an attorney you contact the local legal aid office and also the UT bar to ask about the pro bono attorneys who can assist you in your area.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions