Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have an exboyfriend that has stated in an email that he will…

Customer Question
I have an exboyfriend that...
I have an exboyfriend that has stated in an email that he will continue to pay rent on our apartment until I am able to move out. What if he stops paying the rent?
Also, I had to contact his manager because he was not communicating with me and now he is saying there will be legal repercussions to me since I have contacted his work.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/14/2015
Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
If I may ask, did he send this email to you or to the landlord? When does your lease end? In what state are you located in? Did he ask you to stop communicating and you have continued trying to speak with him?