How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you response to my question about how to get

Customer Question

Thank you for your response to my question about how to get yahoo to stop sharing my info.XXXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXX.Next question : I want to get a roommate to live in my home that I own.What do I need to do to protect myself and my home ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
First, I would recommend doing a thorough background check on any potential roommate. A signed lease also is must and you can find lease templates online for the state of Michigan. You can write in whatever special terms you require to protect your interests including the amount of rent, the term of the lease, payment of utilities, etc., this will leave no leeway and uncertainty regarding any issues that could potentially arise when dealing with your new roommate. Please let me know if this answers your question fully and don't forget to rate my answer.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
I see that you have viewed my answer. If you do not have any further questions and you feel that I have fully answered your question, please positively rate my answer.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
It has been a few days since I provided you a service and answered your question. Do you have any further questions? If not please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions