Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Have a hearing on the 30th about adding tenants and downsizing. There was a criminal activ…

Customer Question
Have a hearing on the...
Have a hearing on the 30th about adding tenants and downsizing. There was a criminal activity and my son was removed from the lease. His brother who was arrested and released without charcge is not allowed to be added even though he was formerly on the lease. They may terminate our lease because we didnt accept a 2 bed room, we have a 4 bedroom now
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/11/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question for us on this matter? What is their reasoning that they will not allow you and your other son who was not charged onto the lease?

They told my son he had to wait until October, well after the hearing date and mine is still pending. NYCHA is getting aggressive with some tenants in downsizing

Thank you for your reply.

However, what is the reason he is being told he has to wait? If they can show you legitimately need all 4 rooms, they can make you downsize, so you have to prove the need for all 4 rooms. Have you obtained a local attorney for representing you in this hearing, because that can significantly increase your chances of success?

Definitely need a local Attorney (Brooklyn, NY)

Thank you for your reply.Have you gone to the local legal aid office if you could not afford an attorney? Since state law forbids us from representing anyone from this site we cannot represent you.