Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I spoke with you earlier and you helped me. What motion can…

Customer Question
I spoke with you earlier...
I spoke with you earlier and you helped me. What motion can I file on an eviction to reopen the case if the judge handed down a ruling without grounds for giving the landlord possession?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/9/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I told you the name of the motion in the previous reply, A Motion to Vacate pursuant to Rule 60, since the case is closed, since you missed the time to appeal/file the appeal bond.
Did you have additional questions?
I went to attempt to do this and the clerk of courts advised me this cannot be done on a civil eviction case
Thank you for your reply.
That is the only other possible motion that can be filed. The only other motion you could file, which would not get the case reopened, would be a motion for a written of the facts and law from the judge, but if you missed the time to appeal, then that would do you no real good.
Is a temporary restraining order to stay or a stay of eviction the same thing as a rule 60?
Thank you for your reply.
A temporary restraining order is not the same as a rule 60 motion to vacate. They will not stay eviction if the case is closed and you missed the time to appeal.
ok thank you
You are welcome.