How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend has contacted me of which I have no knowledge.

Customer Question

A friend has contacted me for advise of which I have no knowledge. His daughter is attending a University and living off campus in a Rental apartment. A fire erupted in her apartment unit causing damage to her unit and an adjacent apartment as well. The building owner wants this young lady to pay for the damages. She did not have renters insurance, does she have any recourse?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened?
What caused the fire? Also, what state is the property located in?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions