Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I'm a tenant in the state of Utah. I have an occupant that

Customer Question
I'm a tenant in the...
I'm a tenant in the state of Utah. I have an occupant that is listed on the lease that i'm trying to evict. The lease states "only the Tenant who execute this lease shall be financially responsible for this lease. Financial responsibility shall include, but not limited to rents, fees, deposits, fines, damages and any and all amounts under this Lease." How do i proceed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/8/2015
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 2 years ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Are you saying that you are the only one on the written lease with the landlord?
.
And that the other person is just living with you?
.
Does the other person pay you rent?
.
Do you have any type of written rental agreement with the other person?
.
.
thanks
1. I am the tenant responsible for the home. I listed her, her two kids, and my 1 kid as to whom will be living in the home. I am the only person that signed all leasing papers.2. Yes3. Yes4. No written agreement just verbal.
Ok, then they are a subtenant to you and you are their landlord under an oral month to month tenancy.
.
In Utah, a landlord can terminate a month to month tenancy with a written 15 day notice to terminate stating the date on which the tenant needs to move out by.
.
If the tenant didn't move then your recourse would be to file a formal eviction action in the local court to have a judge issue an order of eviction and a writ of possession that would allow you to have the sheriff physically evict the other person and their personal property from the dwelling.
.
.
thanks
barristerinky
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney