Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If you have someone who says they just want to stay a night…

Customer Question
If you have someone who...
If you have someone who says they just want to stay a night or two and ends up staying two weeks and you want them to leave do they have squarters rights
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/7/2015
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Hello, they have tenancy rights. You need to get a court order to evict. You may not lock them out or forcibly remove. Local counsel can expedite eviction. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer, Attorney