Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

The landlord sent me a registered on Mae 13 saying I was to

Customer Question
be out of her rented...
the landlord sent me a registered on Mae 13 saying I was to be out of her rented house by July 31 I found a house on the 28 of may and told her I would be out buy 31 of may she said I needed to give 30 days notice and would have to pay rent to the 28 of June .She was the one to set the date so why do I have to notify her.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/5/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Because the 60 day notice that she sent you does not mean you can leave anytime within the 60 days, it is a notice that the lease is terminated at the end of 60 days. As a tenant you still have the obligation to give 30 days notice.Your landlord is being unfair to you, but she is within her rights legally.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney