How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an ex live-in boyfriend who remains in my home and refuses

Customer Question

I have an ex live-in boyfriend who remains in my home and refuses to leave. He pays no rent, is on no utility bills or mortgage documents, and is not an owner of the house. The only documentation he has is that he uses my address as his mailing address. We have no written lease agreement. I live in Williamson County, Tennessee. What are my legal rights to evict him?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to learn of this issue.You do need to evict him, but fortunately, this is a "summary proceeding" so it goes relatively quickly (approximately 4-8 weeks in the event he actually decides to appear in court and defend the action - most people vacate voluntarily during this process).This is a link to a pay for service site that offers information and forms on how to go about evicting a tenant (your ex is considered a "tenant" for this purpose), but it is relatively good for these matters, and it will save you some time in trying to track down the different forms that you need.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions