Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have an ex live-in boyfriend who remains in my home and refuses…

Customer Question
I have an ex live-in...
I have an ex live-in boyfriend who remains in my home and refuses to leave. He pays no rent, is on no utility bills or mortgage documents, and is not an owner of the house. The only documentation he has is that he uses my address as his mailing address. We have no written lease agreement. I live in Williamson County, Tennessee. What are my legal rights to evict him?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/4/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 3 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
I am sorry to learn of this issue.You do need to evict him, but fortunately, this is a "summary proceeding" so it goes relatively quickly (approximately 4-8 weeks in the event he actually decides to appear in court and defend the action - most people vacate voluntarily during this process).This is a link to a pay for service site that offers information and forms on how to go about evicting a tenant (your ex is considered a "tenant" for this purpose), but it is relatively good for these matters, and it will save you some time in trying to track down the different forms that you need. http://www.landlordguidance.com/eviction-notice-forms/tennessee-eviction/