Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I'm living in a motel and have been here months. My

Customer Question
I'm living in a...
I'm living in a motel and have been here for 4 months. My rent was paid by the work my girlfriend and I did. My rent was good until this coming Monday. On the first of this month the motel changed ownership. The new owners say our work doesn't count. They
Say we owe from the day they took ownership and they increased the rent.they're giving me 12 hours to pay for next week and back charging me for 4 days. Can they do this.what are my rights??? Help.thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
6/4/2015
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardUnfortunately, yes. They have no contract with you. I suggest, you can contact the previous owners and ask for payment based on the rent for the residence as agreed to by the work you did. But the current owner has no legal obligation to you unless the sales contract included all current tenants who are paid through a certain date.
Sam, Attorney at Law