How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our son rented an apt. He has a mental disorder and borrowed

Customer Question

our son rented an apt. He has a mental disorder and borrowed $600 from us. I talked with the owner and made a mistake to agree to it. He never even got a key. I called the man next day and backed out. He said i own it for the month of june. Refuses to give me $600 back stating it is the law!! He will adjust the refund if and when he rents it to someone else.Do I have any recourse???
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Is your son over 18 years old?
Has your son been adjudged legally incompetent?
Thank you.