How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask barristerinky Your Own Question
barristerinky, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 37395
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
barristerinky is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am not sure you can answer this or my accountant.

Customer Question

I am not sure you can answer this or my accountant. Concerning my previous question, how do I report the interest payment of $1500 given to my tenant for the 7% NJ interest accural if not place in an interest bearing account?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 2 years ago.
Honestly, you are correct and that is more of an accounting question than a legal one and would deal with how the IRS would classify something like this..
I would suggest posting the same question in the Accounting category here on JustAnswer as they have some really talented and experienced accountants available who will be able to assist.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. You were great!
Expert:  barristerinky replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome. Glad to help any time..

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions