Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Tenant moved out after 30 day notice. I sent her itemized deductions

Customer Question

Tenant moved out after 30 day notice. I sent her itemized deductions that we're reasonable and above normal wear and tear. Gave her pictures and receipts. She sent me certified letter back requesting her full deposit back because I did not give her written notice for a right to inspect letter? Doesn't she have to send me one?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you today.
In order to assist you, I need to know a couple of more facts. First, in what city and state is the rental located? Second, what was the reason for the 30 day notice? When you say that the tenant moved out after the notice, did you go through with the eviction or did she simply move out before the court hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Garden grove calif. orange county. She terminated lease with a 30day notice. She thinks she is entitled to her deposit in its entirety back due to the fact that I did not provide her with a written notification of her right to an inspection per 1950.5. Of civil code. She in addition never requested one. I believe she doesnt want to pay for her damages.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 2 years ago.
Did she leave at the end of her lease or did she terminate early? If the latter, did you give her permission to do so?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Left at the end of her lease. No problem there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you going to answer my question? It looks like you are off line.