Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions. Experienced Landlord-Tenant attorney.
18572087

Stipulations not followed my landlord was supposed to exterminate the pest within the pro

Customer Question

stipulations not followed
my landlord was supposed to exterminate the pest within the property that I rent from him before I vacate his property. He had until the 16th to do this. He did not comply to the stipulations per the judges orders. What are my options/
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am supposed to vacate the premises by the 31st.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
Unfortunately it appears that you are dealing with someone who is blatantly violating the terms of the order, or at the very least, is trying to make this hard for you to evaluate whether he performed this right or not.
As such, you really have no options other than taking him back to court, accusing him of 'contempt of court order' by failing to comply, and via the courts demanding that the courts enforce the provision, or have the landlord provide evidence of compliance. The landlord knows most likely that you cannot force or compel him to do anything, only the courts can do so, and he is probably counting on that fact and that you won't bother pursuing him in court again. I wish you had an easier option, but it is the best option available to you.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.