Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Is there such a thing as not being able to break a rental…

Customer Question
Is there such a thing...
Is there such a thing as not being able to break a rental lease?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 3 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
It is likely that you would be changing from one landlord to a different landlord even though you are leasing through the same real estate management company. You do not have a right to terminate a lease, but if you are willing to pay to terminate the lease, you can do so (contact the management company and see if the landlord that you are currently renting from is willing to discuss an early termination agreement - if they are, make sure to get the agreement in writing).