Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If one of my tenant accuse of another tenant stealing what…

Customer Question
if one of my tenant...
if one of my tenant accuse of another tenant stealing what should I do, ignore? or take action?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
5/26/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 3 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
This is not your role/job.The tenant who believes they are victimized can call law enforcement or sue their co-tenant in small claims court for "conversion" (the civil equivalent of theft).But unless you want to interject yourself into the co-tenant dispute by claiming that the tenant who is accused of theft has violated a lease term and is therefore subject to a 30 day notice to quit, you really don't have standing to do anything.