Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in Tn.and my landlord gave us a written notice

Customer Question
for eviction on 5-7-2015. Today...
I live in Tn.and my landlord gave us a written notice for eviction on 5-7-2015. Today 5-23-2015 he came by and said if we did not vacate by 5-25-2015 he would call the sheriff and have us removed that day. Is this legal ??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2015
Lawyer: Tina, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Tina, Attorney
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Has the landlord filed a petition in the local court seeking a court order evicting you?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.