How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been living in an apartment complex about 2 years now. Dec 2014 My fam

Customer Question

Hi, I have been living in an apartment complex for just about 2 years now. Dec 2014 My family an I notice a strong order in our home we brought this to the attention of the leasing office and maintenance since then nothing has been done and since then my 7 month old son has been in an out of hospital. Last evening My wife brought to my attention that someone was in our home (maintenance) with out any notification soiled our a/c unit in bleach with attempts to kill the mold which caused tremendous stress on our breathing. We live on the 2nd floor so I went down stairs to the neighbor which was in worst state than ours. Is there a way that I can get some compensation for this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello, how much would you estimate your damages? any medical expenses?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are no damages to property.However the time off taken from work to nurse my son back to health between December to now between my wife and myself is(###) ###-####+. Insurance covered my sons bills which is well over 2000.00 and my sons daycare for being present for 2 day out the week is for 4 weeks over a span of 4 months is 700.00
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
have you considered a lawyer demand for compensation or civil lawsuit?